On the Needles
Milk Run Shawl- on hold right now after Kim found 1 extra stitch on one side. Its in time out for now.
Color Affection Shawl: finally in section 3!
Used Cat Bordhi's YouTube video on short rows to help get me started.
Puffy Basketweave Baby Blanket
Continuing work on her first hat which is a pattern she's improvising on her own.
Off the NeedlesKim
Natural Cables Throw- check out Kim's FO photo. This afghan is beautiful!
2 Bow Headbands- free pattern by Beth Postelwait.
Version 1: sky blue
Version 2: purple notes on pattern page to indicate mods to make this child's size.
Odd Ends Cuff- free pattern by Carina Spencer
Great first project if you want to learn: i-cord cast on, mattress stitch, linen stitch.
Finished washcloth #7
In My TravelsKim, Ryan and I talked about our adventures during the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl on Friday 9/28/12
First stop: JP Stitch & Knit
Jen bought some Cascade 220 Superwash. Ryan bought some gorgeous fabric remnants
We met Virginia Fitzgerald- fiber artist- who was absolutely lovely! All three of us did some stitches on her current fiber art.
We had dinner at Canary Square in JP- delicious! Try some white sangria while you're there. We enjoyed it very much.
Second stop: Stitch House in Dorchester
Jen bought:Mirasol Yarn 2 skeins each- pink, orange, turquoise, lime and off-white3 Amy Butler fabric remnants, a shawl pin, some wooden buttons and free sewing magazines
Ryan & Kim bought:
Classic Elite Yarns- Mountain Top Chalet in kit containing multiple colors to make the Coors Cowl, a pattern supplied by the Stitch House
Kim: 3 skeins of Malabrigo to make a cowl
Ryan: Amy Butler fabric remnants
BrainstormingNeighborly vest (stripy this time)
Stripy legwarmers like these ones
One Skein Boot Toppers (thanks to Robin from our group who posted hers in the Holiday KAL FO thread!) Love these.
From the ArmchairI've been listening to the Robinznest podcast hosted by Robin, a member of the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group. Link: Robinznest Knits Blog
And I've enjoyed watching Craft Stash with Kim C. I’m really enjoying Kim’s show!
Thank you to Kim for creating a new logo for the Down Cellar Studio Podcast!
Life in Focus
This week I talked about ideas for an engagement photo shoot. Notes on this segment and more photo examples coming in a separate post.
The first ever Down Cellar Studio Knit-a-Long is in progress! 32 finished objects when last I checked! You guys are just rocking this. Keep up the great work!
We have two Rounds of the KAL1. Objects started on/after September 1st and finished by October 31st.2. Objected started on/after November 1st and finished by December 31st.
Prizes be awarded by choosing using Random Number Generator at the end of each KAL. Enter as many times as you have finished projects that you will gift for the holidays (knit, crochet or spinning)
Two prizes to announce so far for Round 1
- Urban Forest Knits eBook provided by Judy Marples. 5 pattern ebook with gorgeous patterns, which I will review on next week’s show. Will link to the ebook in the show notes, so check it out before then! Great patterns. I’m already itching to cast one on!
Upcoming Local Events:
NY Sheep and Wool in Rhinebeck - October 20 & 21st
- Podcaster Meet-up is official. We’ll be meeting up on Saturday at 1p on the Hill near the entrance where the Ravelry Meet-up is usually held. Podcasters I know will be there:
- Maria- Subway Knits Podcast
- Kristin- Yarngasm Podcast
- Sharon- TVKnitting Podcast
- Jen- Commuter Knitter Podcast
- Jen- Down Cellar Studio Podcast
- Karrie - Knit Purl Gurl Podcast
- Lori- Happy Crafter 207 Podcast
- Ellen and Jan from the TwinSet Design Podcast
- Tammy- The Proverbial Knitter
- Allison- Hollywood Knitter Podcast
- Laura- Apocalyptic Diner Podcast
- Emily from Watcha Swatchin Videocast
- Carin- Round the Twist Videocast
- Laura & Leslie- Knit Girllls Videocast
- Kim- Craft Stash Videocast
- Diane- Knitabulls Videocast
- Aimee and Darren- Knitting in Circles Videocast
- Amy & Megan- Stockinette Zombies Videocast
- Jadee- Twisted Strands Videocast
- Tina- Knitting Blooms Videocast
- Carolyn- Girlfriends Knitting Videocast
- Lisa- 90% Knitting Videocast
- Kari & Sue- Two Tangled Skeins Videocast
- Wendy & Sheila- Knit1HeartToo Videocast
- Vicki- DragonflySoars Videocast
Feel free to come and say hi. I’ve ordered buttons with the new show logo so if you see me anywhere at Rhinebeck, ask for a button! :)
Crafty AdventuresWork in the studio continues. Dan and I picked out marine plywood to use for my counter tops. Dan made the cuts and put the counter in place. It still needs to be sanded, stained and sealed.
On a Happy Note
I started teaching my best friend Kris to knit! She's cast on and done the knit stitch, and she's a pro! So happy to share one of my favorite crafts with my very best friend!
Thanks to all of those who have contacted me and a special thanks to all of you who have left iTunes reviews in the last month!
I'll be back in 2 weeks.
Feel free to contact me in the meantime:
Ravelry Group: search Down Cellar Studio Podcast
Show Notes: Downcellarstudio.blogspot.com
Facebook: Down Cellar Studio Podcast