Sunday, January 12, 2014

Episode 39- Christmas Cheer

Thanks for tuning in to this free-form version of the show!

This week I discussed:

Knitting


Worsted Weight Socks that I made for my Dad
These used only 1 ball of Cascade 220 superwash. 7” cuff and a size 8 foot!



Edie Infinity Scarf by Jeanette Sloan
I made this for my cousin. Modified to make it a cowl that buttons.

Paton's Kroy socks-- finished these for my best friend (after realizing they didn't yet have heels! oops)



A shawl for Mom (This is a sport weight version closely related to the Spring Green Garden Shawl I designed. I kept better notes this time with hopes of being able to release a pattern using either weight of yarn).



I'm brainstorming about potentially casting on for this chevron scarf: Blue Bell Hill Scarf

Christmas Crafting
In addition to knitting, I handmade a lot of other gifts and had a ball doing it!

I made photo books on Shutterfly and calendars from Picaboo


I made yarn ball ornaments for friends!

I don't know how but I forgot to mention this. This may be my favorite of all the handmade gifts I made this year! I took 6 photos from this year, and added letters to the image files to spell out FAMILY.


I made handmade notebooks for my nieces using a Zutter tool-- with help from my friends Julie and Ryan.

I tried my hand at beading, making shawl gems, earrings and bracelets. It was so much fun!










In making the shawl gems, I got to learn how to use our drill press! SO Fun!


On a Happy Note

There's so much fun to be had this time of year. I take my niece to the Enchanted Village every year and my nephew to the Polar Express.



Dan and I also went to an Ugly Sweater Party with friends! It was ridiculously fun. I highly recommend it. We especially enjoyed the Yankee Swap in which I won an entire gift bag full of bacon products (Yes. I'm a vegetarian. Hilarious!)

Opening my bacon Yankee Swap gift. HYSTERICAL!


Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment