Monday, June 16, 2014

Episode 47- Summer Breeze

Episode 47
HELLO! How is everyone today?
My name is Jen and I’d like to welcome both new and returning listeners to Episode 47 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast.


This Week’s Segments Include:


On the Needles
Brainstorming
From the Armchair
Events
On a Happy Note


---

On the Needles


Enchanted Knoll Farm Common Grackle Self Striping Socks
US 1.5 needles
Top-down after-thought heel socks with 60 stitches
Using black for the toes & heels
2 heels left to go





New Shawl Design.
Not ready to talk about it yet but its almost done! Stay tuned.


Dream Catcher Baby Blanket by Susan B Anderson
Needles: US 7 
I've seamed together 2 rows of 3 squares. Two more to go.



Vanilla Socks


I'm going to try the OMG heel by Megan Williams of Stockinette Zombies.





Hat from the formula I've developed over time. See pattern notes for details.



Brainstorming


My aunt always made these… my last one is getting holes…. time to work on some replacements.


From the Armchair


Up, Down All-Around Stitch Dictionary
More than 150 stitch patterns to knit top down, bottom up, back and forth and in the round
by Wendy Bernard

Price: $29.95 US/ $32.95 Canadian
288 pages, hardcover book with spiral binding inside


There are stitch patterns for all different knit patterns:
Knits & purls
Ribs
Textured, slipped and fancy
Yarnovers and eyelets
Cables
Lace
Colorwork
Hems and edging
Projects (some great patterns in here too!)

Key features: clear color photos. Stitch patterns that are written and charted (from top down and bottom up both flat and in the round). At the end there is a Stitch Multiples Index which is really handy!

Highly recommend you give this book a look.

---------------


Collaboration by Connie Chang Chinchio, Tanis Gray, Margaux Hufnagel, Melissa LaBarre + Kate Gagnon Osborn
I won this on Susan B. Anderson’s blog a month or so ago. Thanks Susan!
It's a 15 pattern collection that retails for $24.95 US


My favorite patterns:


Bluebell Pullover by Kate Gagnon Osborn


Isadora Lopapeysa by Kate Gagnon Osborne


Lulu Long Vest by Melissa LaBarre

Sid Scrap Hat by Melissa Labarre

Definitely check it out!
----------


This week I reviewed the new fashion box shipment I've subscribed to. It's called Stitch Fix.

Here's an example of the styling guide they provide.


Here's the outfit I liked best:


If you're interested, please use this link to check it out!



Events


Tan House Brook Shawl KAL
Must be a member of the group to win
Finish by July 31st and post your project in the FO thread in the group on Ravelry.


Prizes!
  • a skein of Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Sock (in winner's choice of color ways)
  • the InfiniTAM pattern by Deborah Tomasello
  • Set of Vintage Rose Stitch Markers
  • Pattern of your choice from Sarah Stevens of OhLoops- 5 sock patterns, mitts, 3 hats to choose from! Winner can pick!
    • Corvinus Family Mitts one of my favorites which Sarah kindly gifted me and I haven’t had a chance to cast on yet. cable fingerless mitt pattern



On a Happy Note


c25k free app for iPhone (couch to 5k training program)


My niece, Riley, will be home from St. Louis TODAY!


I got a Global Keratin treatment for my hair! Love it!
Even looks ok after a sweaty hour of Zumba!!


Thanks for listening! Talk to you soon!


Contact Info:
Ravelry: BostonJen
Instagram: BostonJen1
email: downcellarstudio@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment