Sunday, July 6, 2014

Episode 48- Mindless Knitting

Thanks for tuning in to Episode 48 of the podcast!



This Week’s Segments Included:


Off the Needles
On the Needle
From the Armchair
Events
On a Happy Note


-----------------------------


Off the Needles


Enchanted Knoll Farm Common Grackle Self Striping Socks
US 1.5 needles
Yarn: Enchanted Knoll Farm




Perry’s Hat
Pattern: Jared Flood’s Turn a Square hat.
Yarn: Malibrigo: Vaa colorway

Baby Blanket


Crochet Baby blanket using Lion Brand Baby’s First.
Chained 81, worked alternating rows of single and double crochet and added a simple single crochet border.


Spinning Wheel dishcloths. Super easy & addictive (I've finished 4 in just a few days)
Needles: US 8
Yarn: Premiere Home Cotton (3 cloths from 1 skein)






It still needs a name…
And I need to write up the pattern and have it test knit. Hope to have it available in the next couple months!



On the Needles


Pattern: Dream Catcher Baby Blanket by Susan B Anderson
Needles: US 7

I've attached 3 more squares that made up the third row and seamed that in. One more row to go!




OMG Heel Socks
Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight in the Positive Energy Colorway
Needles: US 1.5
Modifications: 54 stitches 3x3 rib.




Worsted weight socks for Dan
Yarn: Leftover Cascade 220 Superwash 
Needles: US 3
Modifications from my usual formula: trying an afterthought heel


Needle: US 1.5
CO:




Crafty Adventures
Cleaning studio after winter and finally hanging art on the walls!!

My comfy armchair with the new collage above
(note: yes that bottom left canvas is blank. it will be filled soon)

my expedit bookshelf from IKEA with my photo albums, scrap yarn storage, books, magazine and memories

collage wall above my table. some more empty frames and blank canvas.
oh the possibilities!

the right side of my desk. a new backboard with hooks &
the rack for my threads
(some love notes from Willy & Aila on my tack board)

my workspace. where i edit, check emails and fun stuff like that.
a handpainted canvas next to my monitor was made by my best friend Kris!


Events

Tan House Brook Shawl KAL

Hope you’re enjoying the KAL. We have a very active chat thread going on right now!
Finish by July 31st

Prizes!
On a Happy Note

c25k free app for iPhone (couch to 5k training program)


I just finished Week 4
I'm enjoying the armband option for phone. If you're playing it aloud, be sure to face the bottom up towards your face so you can hear it. And if it rains, put a Ziplock bag over it! Voila. Dry phone!

There's almost nothing that makes me happier than pool time on the weekend! Especially before my big work project ramps up!

Silly kids!

Watching 7 kids in a pool can be a little tricky, but its worth every second!
Finally- clean house makes me really happy!



Thanks for listening! Talk to you soon!


Contact Info:
Ravelry: BostonJen
Instagram: BostonJen1
email: downcellarstudio@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment