Thursday, June 27, 2013

Episode 30- This Project is Tanking


Thanks for tuning in to Episode 30

This Week’s Segments Included:
Off the Needles
On the Needles
Brainstorming
In My Travels
Life in Focus
From the Armchair
Events
Crafty Adventures
On a Happy Note
A Contest
Quote of the Week

Off the Needles

by Virginia Rose-Jeanes


On the Needles

Planche Vest-- issues continue
This project has been fraught with frustration throughout. I was maybe 2/3s done and had to rip out most of my progress after I found this mistake.
See that weird diagonal on my right side (your left)? Yeah, that looks terrible!

Ironic- if only I took a photo on the train where I focused on the other half of this tank I might have seen the mistake sooner... Sigh.

Please cross your fingers for me that I can get this done! I really do want to wear this tank!

Brainstorming

Greyhaven Hat & Cowl Set   by Robin Ulrich


Wandering Cowl by Jennifer Lang


In my Travels
I visited my brother and his family in St Louis earlier this month. If you're in the area be sure to check out:










Life in Focus
Some photo highlights from St Louis

Let's see those muscles!






Shots from a recent wedding we attended


My grandmother. Isn't she sweet?

The bride's bouquet- and sunglasses!








I've also been enjoying the Over app. Here are some example shots.





June Photo-a-day Challenge doing ok so far. Missed a couple days between being busy with travel- and/or not having opportunity. Still enjoying it.

I have my eye on a lens that came recommended:

From the Armchair

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Knit to Flatter Craftsy class with Amy Herzog.
I'll be reviewing the Knit to Flatter Book soon but I can already tell you this is a great resource if you want to knit sweaters! Check it out.

Questions for you-- 


  • Do Ball Winders really work?? Do you have one you like? Come chat in the episode thread in our Ravelry Group.
  • Are you thinking about holiday gift giving and planning now? Are you interested in doing something together? KAL? Discussion? Place to share ideas? Let’s chat!

Events

June Sock KAL is nearly done. We’re having so much fun in chatter thread. Winners will be posted on the Ravelry Board so you don't have to wait until the next episode. One winner will receive the Spring Garden Tee pattern by Alana Dakos. A second winner will receive a downloadable Ravelry pattern of up to $7 US.

Up next- a Sweater KAL!

Rules:
Cast on July 15 or later.
Finish and post FO in thread by the end of the day on 10/15/13
Adult sized sweater of your choosing- cardigan, pullover, whatever you like!
(I am planning to knit the Twigs and Willows by Alana Dakos)


Crafty Adventures
More chatter about studio progress

I've been getting my scrapbooks in order....

And organizing buttons by color...



On a Happy Note

I am obsessed with bright colors. Especially turquoise, orange and yellow! Ideally together!


A Contest

Handmade in the UK luscious lace + artisan yarns  :::  by Emily Wessel
Thank you to Emily for sending an eBook copy for my review.

$16 CAD for eBook/$26 CAD for paper book Tin Can Knits Website
Listen in to see if you've won an eBook copy of this amazing book!

Quote of the Week

Life is like a mirror, we get the best results when we smile at it.  ~Author Unknown




Thanks for listening! Talk to you soon!

Contact Info:
Ravelry: BostonJen
Ravelry Group: search Down Cellar Studio Podcast
Twitter: @BostonJen1
email: downcellarstudio@gmail.com
Show Notes:
Facebook: Down Cellar Studio Podcast
Pinterest: BostonJen

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the photos!! And the buttons being organized by color...now I want a button collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the show and especially the pictures of Grant's Farm.

    I just got a similar Tamron lens for my birthday as a GIANT surprise. Let me tell you...it is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30th episode is really sweet do check this site out if want to submit your podcast to this site Podcast Directory

    ReplyDelete