Thank you for tuning in to Episode 49. If you haven't listened yet, see the links to the right to download.
This Week’s Segments Included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needle
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- Close Knit Family
- Because You Asked
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
Baby Boy Blanket
- Yarn: Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton
- Needles: US 7
- Pattern: Dream Catcher Baby Blanket by Susan B Anderson
- Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight
- Colorway: Positive Energy
- Needles: US 1.5
- Modifications: 54 stitches, 3x3 rib
On the Needles
- Yarn: Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball
- Colorway: Fliederduft
- Needles: US 1.5
- Pattern: improvised (56 stitches, 2x2 ribbing, after-thought heel)
- Yarn: (leftovers of) Cascade 220 Superwash
- Needles: US 3
- Pattern: top down, after-thought heel sock edited each time I make them in the attempt to find the perfect fit.
Yarn: Hopewood Crafts Yarn
Needles: US 1.5
Referred to the Head to Toe book Katya Frankel to determine the right foot/leg circumference for a kid aged 4-6 and how many stitches to cast on based on that.
Pattern: Working out another triangular shawl design
Yarn: Lotus Yarns Silky Cashmere Fingering 400 yards of 55% silk, 45% Mongolian Cashmere in a tan color (#16)
Needles: US 5
From the Armchair
by Julie Turjoman
Link to Ravelry Projects Page
I definitely recommend you take a look at this book! It does a great job of explaining how to use and substitute plant based fibers in garments and provides 12 great wearable, fashionable, timeless patterns!
Check out the 12 patterns, and let me know which you like best to be entered to win a copy of this eBook.
I had a great time scrapbooking. Even if I ran out of photos on day 2 of 3.
Tan House Brook Shawl KAL. To be entered to win you must finish by July 31st!
Finish by July 31st
- a skein of Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Sock (in winner's choice of color ways)
- the InfiniTAM pattern by Deborah Tomasello
- Set of Vintage Rose Stitch Markers (thank you Vanessa)
- Pattern of your choice from Sarah Stevens of OhLoops
If you haven't yet knit the pattern, check out the kit Allison from the Hollywood Knitter Podcast has put together. If you win this contest, you'll receive the Tan House Brook Shawl, a skein ofMarigoldJen Sock Yarn in Santa Fe (435 yds of 80% Merino/10%Nylon/10%Cashmere) and a gorgeous project bag from Brown Dog Bags.
Check out the Contest Thread,
Allison’s contest- put together a kit
Local Event: Fiber Revival is Saturday August 9 in Newbury, MA
I will not be able to go because I'm going to Stitches Midwest instead.
- The event runs August 7-10 in Shaumburg, IL
- If you see me, please say hello! I would love to meet you. Let me know if you'll be there in the chatter thread in our Ravelry group.
- There will be a podcaster meet up. Learn more here.
Close Knit Family
SPOILER ALERT: My nephew, Will, did not get a handknit Rhino for his birthday. So, Aunti Jen better get a move on before Christmas!
(it's NOT a Rhino)
Rhino Pattern Options:
- Savannah Chaps (set of 3)= this is the option I'm going to use.
- Rhino pattern (more realistic, but slightly less "cute factor")
Because You Asked
For Episodes where Mom joins me, check out:
Mom has a Creations Unlimited Facebook Page where you can see some of her items for sale.
On a Happy Note
- I am on week 5 of my running program. Thanks for all of the inspiration and motivation on Instagram! It is getting harder but I'm doing it!!!
- I made it through my crazy work project, but I'm so happy about the great teamwork my co-workers exhibited, and my hugely supportive boss (everything didn’t go right but he 100% had my back and I’m so grateful for that).
- I'm happy to see a few of you are going to try out Stitch Fix- the monthly clothing/accessories box subscription that I mentioned on Episode 47. I defered my July shipment because it was due to arrive right in the midst of my busy time at work but I'm looking forward to my next one!
- If you're interested in trying Stitch Fix, I think its a great no risk way to see about adding new, fun pieces to your wardrobe. The stuff I have I’ve worn a number of times now and I’m really impress with the quality! If you’re interested in trying it out please use this link to check it out
If you enjoyed this show or learned something from me today, I'd ask to you to please take a moment of your time to leave a star rating or quick review on iTunes to help others find the show too!
Talk to you soon!